IMPORTANT: This information should not be downloaded using government equipment, read during duty time or sent to others using government equipment, because it suggests action to be taken in support or against legislation. Do not use your government email address or government phone in contacting your Member of Congress.
URGENT REQUEST TO CONTACT CONGRESS:
Although $160 billion has already been given from federal workers for deficit reduction, House and Senate budget committee leadership have introduced resolutions that would cut a whopping $318 billion from the budget over the next 10 years on the backs of federal workers through increased pension contributions and health care costs.
The budget resolution in both chambers includes an increase in pension contributions, which equates to more than a 6% permanent pay cut through increased pension contributions. That is equivalent to a 3 week pay cut! The resolutions will also voucherize FEHBP, change the TSP G fund rate of return and reduce the non-security federal workforce by 10%.
In addition, Senators can add unlimited amounts of amendments to this resolution. We may see amendments that eliminate Official Time and Dues Deduction introduced.
We must act now! Both the full House and Senate are expected to vote on budgets this week. Call your Member of Congress today and demand that they vote NO on the budget. Please use the patch-thru line, so we can track how many phone calls go into each office. This helps tremendously with our lobbying strategy.
The patch-thru line is 1-888-775-3148. Call during your break, lunch or after/before work. Do not call or email on the clock or using a government phone or computer.
You can email your MoCs and Senators directly from the AFGE website, as well as find talking points and updated information. Use the link www.afge.org/budgetactioncenter. You can also sign up for text alerts by texting “AFGE” to 225568.
We DO have a chance to defeat this budget, but if MoC’s do not hear from us, we can be assured that these changes will pass.
Thank you for all of your help and please let me know what you are hearing from your Member of Congress and Senators.
MEMBERS: Learn more about Local 1658 sequestration plans by clicking here. You will need a password to gain access. Email email@example.com to get the password.
AFGE Local 1658 was affiliated in 1955 to represent the employees at the Ordnance Tank-Automotive Center in Detroit, Michigan. Today, our local represents over 5,000 workers at the following locations:
- US Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command, Warren, MI & Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MI
- Program Executive Office, Integration, Warren, MI
- Program Executive Office, Combat Support & Combat Service Support, Warren, MI
- Program Executive Office, Ground Combat Systems, Warren, MI
- US Army Tank Automotive Research, Development & Engineering Center, Warren, MI
- Army Contracting Command – Warren, Warren, MI
- US Army Garrison – Detroit Arsenal, Warren, MI & Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MI
- Network Enterprise Center – Detroit Arsenal, Warren, MI
- Military Medical Readiness and Occupational Health Center, Warren, MI
- Defense Commissary Agency, Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MI
AFGE Local 1658
President Paul Veselenak
6501 E. 11 Mile Road
Building 230, Room 136W
Warren, MI 48397-5000
The webmaster and communications director can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org